Sorry that I have been the worst at emailing to the big group lately! But I'm back! We had an incredible week! Texas got COLD. I don't know how I did it in Utah. But I really think it's the humidity here that gets me. But all is well! We stay warm and we see miracles every day!
There's always so much to tell all of you, but I will share with you about thanksgiving and about A Savior is Born.
Our thanksgiving day was amazing! One of the best I've ever had. My sweet companion and I had so much fun and saw blessings and miracles like crazy.
Here are our thanksgiving day miracles:
1. It was Sister Angulo's birthday! I woke up at 5 something to decorate our door for sister Angulo, then went back to sleep. Haha so sneaky. It was awesome and we had a fun time!
2. We went and did service as a zone for this foundation called Annie's Way. It was at a Catholic Church in Round Rock, and it was amazing!!! People from the community donate different thanksgiving dishes, and anyone is welcome to come and enjoy, and they do! There were people who were homeless, widows, less fortunate, or those who just didn't have plans. So we talked with different people, served them drinks, offered desserts, etc. I loved it so much! And it was such a blessing, there was TONS of leftover food! So much. So we started boxing it up and we were able to take some with us to give to people.
3. We had the best thanksgiving lunch with the Worwood family in our ward and they went over the history of thanksgiving for sister Angulo and it was so neat! It was such a yummy meal!
4. We were able to give the food out! A less active family that we haven't been able to see was home, and they were so sweet to us! They stuffed us full of tamales, and sister Angulo was able to speak with them since they are mostly Spanish speaking, and it was just what they needed.
5. We visited a less active part member family and had a really spiritual lesson with them.
6. We met another ward member we haven't been able to see yet and had a really neat visit with her.
7. We ended the birthday/thanksgiving night with ice cream cones.
What a beautiful day! The Lord's work is progressing and it is amazing to be able to witness it every single day. I love it so much.
The last thing I want to mention is the new church initiative, A Savior is Born. Everyone, this video is so simple and so beautiful. It really sums up why we have Christmas, and helps us remember how important it is. I invite you all to think about what it means to you that a Savior is Born, and then share it. Spread the video, use the hashtag (#asaviorisborn), and just share your light with others. There are amazing things happening everywhere, and ours is the blessing to share that with others! We are so blessed to have our iPads this year to share the video with everyone we see, and I will keep y'all updated on the miracles we see!
This is the true gospel of Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful that a Savior was born for me, for you, and for everyone.
I love y'all!
Here's us on thanksgiving with leftover food to give out!