Sunday, October 11, 2015

New Hope Round 3

Hi y'all!!
 
I hope everyone is doing well!! We had transfers this week and Sister Storms and I are staying here again! Yay!!
 
We had an incredible week!! And this weekend was amazing with conference!! I wanted to share some of my favorite things that were said, they're not exactly word for word, but they're what I got out of it! 
 
 
Exaltation is our goal, discipleship is our journey. -President Uchtdorf
This church is powered by the priesthood to propel us through the unpredictable waters of mortality. Hold on and stay on, and we will reach our eternal destination. -Elder Ballard
We need to be humble enough to ask and faithful enough to act. "What lack I yet?" -Elder Lawrence
Being ship shape is being temple worthy in good times and in bad times. -Elder Cook
Christ will never forget us, and our mothers will never forget us either. Mothers never faileth. Their acts and kindness never will, just as Christ's never does. Mothers and the Savior help us to do what we cannot do for ourselves. Thank you for your crucial role in fulfilling the purposes of eternity. Be peaceful. Believe in God and in yourself. You are doing better than you think you are. In fact, you are saviors on Mount Zion. And like the Savior you follow, your love never faileth.
-Elder Holland
Christ can say the same things to us.---I know what you've been through, and I can help you through it. That is the power of the Atonement. -Elder Foster
The Lord always fulfills His promises. We doubt not the Lord nor His goodness, we have proved Him in days that are past. And in our present day. The more we persist, the brighter His influence becomes in our lives. There is no darkness that is so dark and menacing that it cannot be overcome by light. -Elder Stanfill
Undeniable. -Elder Martino
The cure is our Savior and His Atonement. -Elder Oaks
Repentance is not a fictional experience or the product of a frenzied mind. It brings about a mighty change of heart. -Elder Haynie
When you cannot do what you've always done, then you only do what matters most. -Elder Bednar
The light of the gospel of Jesus Christ will cut through the confusion, the pain, and the darkness, and fuse healing love and cast out discouragement. -Elder Clark
 
 
I could say a lot more, but I'll spare y'all! Haha.
 
I'll share one more experience! At transfer meeting on Thursday, we were doing our usual singing of hymns before President Slaughter and the other missionaries came into the chapel, which is one of my favorite parts of transfer meeting. We were singing Praise to the Man, which is a hymn that I have always had a deep love for. As we were singing though, one of my favorite lines stuck out to me in an entirely different way. I love when it says that "death cannot conquer the hero again." Because of the song being about Joseph Smith, my thoughts are always drawn to him when we sing that line. But instead, this time as we sang, I thought of our Savior Jesus Christ. I thought of His life and teachings, and His selflessness. I thought about Him suffering for me, bearing the pain of it all, and then being crucified. He died, but that was not the end---it was only the beginning. Christ lives today. I feel it, I know it, and it gives me so much hope. Death cannot conquer the hero again, and death cannot conquer any of us because of Him. Spiritual death cannot conquer us either because of Him. I know that it is only through our Savior that we can become who our Father in Heaven has intended us to be. It is through Him that we will live with the Father, and our families, forever. I am filled with deep gratitude for my Savior, and I will forever "waste and wear out" my life so that others can know of what is possible through Jesus Christ and His restored gospel.
 
I love, love, love this work and I am grateful every day for the privilege it is to be one of the Lord's full time missionaries.
 
Love y'all, have a great week!!
 
Love,
 
Sister Snyder
 
P.S. for your viewing pleasure, a picture of my former district with our mustaches.



No comments:

Post a Comment