Monday, September 7, 2015

happy labor day!

Hello hello!!

I hope everyone is having the happiest labor day ever! our week was too good to be true.


This week we had zone meeting, exchanges with the lead sister training leaders, exchanges with some other sisters, and incredible lessons and experiences with our investigators. I've been studying a lot about the importance of extending commitments to people boldly and lovingly. we talked a lot about it at zone conference, especially about inviting people to be baptized and following up with them. Inviting people to make these changes in their lives is so vital for them. And it's not about being accountable to the missionaries or doing something just because we asked. When we extend commitments to these people, we should be doing it because we love them so much, we truly desire their salvation. Obedience to the Lord's commandments out of love brings us happiness and blessings that we can't even imagine. Mosiah 2:41 puts it perfectly:

 41 And moreover, would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and ithey hold out faithful to thend they are received into heaventhat thereby they may dwell with God in state of never-ending happiness. remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.

To me, that scripture sums up why we even ask people to do things. I love these people and I so want for them to experience the happiness that comes from the gospel. 

Exchanges were awesome! We met so many neat people and had the opportunity to talk with a lot of people. Miracles always happen on exchanges. I went down to Zilker Park with Sister Scott and it was so great to be with her again! I sure do love her and I learned so much from being on an exchange with her. 

Friday was my birthday an I'm a real adult now. Haha. I live with the greatest sisters. I got home from exchanges and they had decorated my bed and they made me a cake and it was so fun! It was one of the happiest birthdays i've had.

Yesterday was a day of miracles!! We had 6 people come to church!! We met the sweetest family earlier this week, a mom and her 3 daughters, and they came to church and loved it. And Fong went to another ward where they could translate for her, then we had two other investigators come. Our 11 and 13 year old investigators both shared their testimonies!! It was AWESOME. Such sincere and loving testimonies of how they know that Heavenly Father knows and loves each one of us. Two of our investigators are set with a baptismal date for the 26th, and we are so excited! So many good things happened this week. I really wish I could explain it all, but just know that it was awesome. We are going on exchanges again tomorrow and I'm so excited! There is always so much to learn, and it's such a blessing to be a missionary. It's the happiest work in the world.

I love y'all.

Love,

Sister Snyder

P.S. Here's some pictures from this week! With my birthday cake and the sweetest member in my ward that is from Nicaragua! MOM.





No comments:

Post a Comment