Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Speak of the Savior

Hello everyone!

I hope that all is well wherever you may be!

By no means do I mean to dwell on this, but on Saturday, I hit my 18 month mark. I have experienced the most incredible and most important 18 months of my life. I have learned things that I simply would never have known. I have grown to love God first and to apply the atoning blood of Christ. There is so much that God has allowed me to learn, love, feel, and experience, and I am so grateful for that. I have one week left to give everything in me, and I am so excited to do it!

We have had another beautiful week here in Palo Alto! The investigators are doing so well! One of them, Becky, got engaged to a member of our branch on Monday night right after our lesson with her. So fun! And the less active work continues to go so well! I love all of these people here so much and I really admire their humility. They are so willing to put aside anything and everything to change and return to Christ.

Yesterday we had a really neat experience on Lackland Air Force Base. We have some YSAs that live on base that attend the branch there, and we have been wanting to go to their service to try and meet some of these people. The elders in our district are assigned to that branch as well as their ward, so they have base passes that they use each week, but we don't. So we figured it out and had a sister whose husband is in the branch presidency come meet us at the gate so that we could get on with her pass. So we drove to the gate with the elders, Sister Fullam and I got into the sister's car, and we let the elders go through first. Right as we're going through, we saw the elders turn around and go out the other way. We called them, and their passes had expired! So although it was our first time, it was up to us to teach any of the trainees who wanted to hear about the gospel! It was such a miracle that it worked out this way! We got to help the senior couples with some paperwork, answer some questions, have sacrament with them, and then anyone who wanted to know more came to a classroom with us and some other trainee members and we got to teach the Restoration to about 20 men and let me tell you, it was powerful. Many of them had great questions, and sharing the First Vision brought the spirit so strongly. Many of them asked for copies of the Book of Mormon after the class. It was such a neat experience to be on base yesterday, to teach such humble people, and to see how God's hand was in this allowing for His work to go forth.

This week we had the worldwide missionary broadcast, and it was incredible. The Brethren truly are inspired of God and it increased my passion to TEACH REPENTANCE AND BAPTIZE CONVERTS, to always be focused on my purpose, to turn outward, to love others more, to be obedient, and to talk of Christ ALWAYS. There is so, so much that we learned, but one of my favorite things was from Elder Andersen. He said:

“I know you talk to everyone who will listen to you. Wherever you are—in a bus, on the street, in a teaching situation, or in a home with a member, if you are ever unsure of what to say, speak of the Savior. Testify of Him. Speak of His doctrine, of faith in Him and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. This is your purpose. This is your charge.”

I love this so much, because isn't this the purpose and charge of every single one of us? We have made that covenant, we have crossed the line, and what a blessing and privilege it is to testify and speak of the Savior!

He lives. He loves us. He allows us to change. He forgives us. He is our Savior. Through Him, nothing is impossible.

I love y'all so much! Have an incredible week!

Love always,

Sister Snyder

Sent from my iPad

                                                         The best book ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment