Wednesday, August 26, 2015

hooray for new hope round 2!

Hello!!
 
Happy Monday! I hope y'all are having a great day so far, we sure are! 
 
In other news I hit 13 months yesterday and want to cry.  Every week I struggle to know how to adequately explain the week I've had and how incredible every day is as we choose to make it so. Ammon's words are really what explain it best: "I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
 
On Tuesday we got transfer emails and Sister Storms and I are both staying here!! We're really excited, and at transfer meeting we were assigned to be sister training leaders, so we get to work with other sisters and go on exchanges and such. it's going to be so great, and I'm excited to learn from all of the sisters! this week we get to go to San Antonio for two meetings, tomorrow for MLC(missionary leadership council), and then on Friday for sisters conference! All of the sisters in the mission get together and we get to go to the temple and have meetings and such. This is going to be such a wonderful week! There is so much to learn and do and I'm so excited for it all!
 
This week was really good. We set some goals of what we know we can accomplish this transfer and how we will do it. We have a goal set to have 4 people become members of the church by the end of this transfer, and we are going to do everything we possibly can to make that happen and help these people see how important they are and how the gospel can bless them. It's going to be an awesome transfer. 
 
Last Monday evening before we headed out to proselyte, we had a neat experience. Sister Storms and I had been reading letters and emails from our parents and talking about how blessed we are. Then we were looking at pictures of a little girl one of the hermanas knows that had passed away and talking about the Plan of Salvation. We went into our room to pray before we left the apartment, and as we knelt down to pray, Sister Storms and I looked at each other and we both started crying. Now listen, I really don't cry that often, but I just couldn't hold it in. THERE IS JUST SO MUCH TO BE GRATEFUL FOR. 

Too often we overcomplicate our lives and make things harder than they are, and all we need is to take a step back and look at what we have. I know that life is not easy and at times it seems hopeless, but I promise you that there is so much more. And as we knelt to pray, we felt that. In that moment I could completely feel that we have a loving Father in Heaven who has given us a time to learn and a way to return to be with Him. We have a Savior. We have a divine purpose. We are cherished beings of our Father. We have every reason to stand tall and confident, and to be happy. The world will try to tear us down, but we have so much to be grateful for, and so much to live up to. I love the words of Ammon in Alma 26:35 and 37:
 
"Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began..."
 
 "Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."
 
He loves us. We are His children. And we have such a great purpose. Never forget who you are and how loved you are and how much more there is to come. We are an extremely blessed people.
 
 
 
"Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad." (Doctrine and Covenants 128:22)
 
 
 
I love y'all.
 
 
Love,
 
Sister Snyder
 
 
1. My district last transfer. One of the very best districts around!
 
2. After transfer meeting in the rain with the cutie sisters we live with!








No comments:

Post a Comment