Sunday, July 12, 2015

Double out, double in

Hello sweet family and friends!! I hope everyone had a good 4th! Sorry I haven't written in a few weeks! We've been really busy and time just slips away! But thing have been going AMAZING. We have seen absolute miracles during the past few weeks and I have learned so, so much.

First things first, last night we received transfer news! Sister Scott and I are both leaving! We're doubling out, and we will both be doubling in to areas. We don't know if we'll double in together, we just know we're both going to areas where both missionaries will be new to the area. It's so crazy to be leaving Garden Ridge! I feel like this is where I've always been. But I am very excited for a change and to meet new people! It's going to be awesome! We're sad to leave our incredible investigators, but all of the missionaries are wonderful, so we're not worried. 

Our investigators are doing awesome! We're teaching the best family around. They are so sincere and have such great faith. I wish I could sit down with all of you and try to express how much these people mean to me and all about them, but for now, just trust me that they're really great! 

Another investigator we have is the wife of a member who hasn't been to church for quite a while, and they are so awesome. So funny and Texan and so, so sincere. We gave them a church tour the other day, and she loved it, especially the baptismal font. Those two say the funniest things and we sure love them. The work is progressing so well and my testimony has been strengthened that the Lord truly is preparing people. It's all in His own time, and He truly knows best. I just count myself very privileged that I was able to know these people and get to see them grow in the gospel. 

We had an awesome zone meeting on Friday and one things we talked about was obedience and if we're being obedient to rules or to God. And I truly believe that as we're obedient to rules, our behavior changes. We do things that only affect how we act outwardly. When we're obedient to God, our nature changes, and we change outwardly and inwardly. And that change is long lasting. We choose to be changed forever based on what we experience, and that change is centered around our Savior. My love for Jesus Christ has grown so much. It has come through prayer, study, and a desire. It has grown through this video: Because of Him
https://www.lds.org/youth/video/because-of-him?lang=eng&cid=email-shared
we share this with a lot of people, and I know that it's true and it's real. Christ changes us, He heals us, and most of all He loves us.

In Elder Kevin W. Pearson's most recent conference talk, Stay by the Tree, he talks about the Book of Mormon prophet Lehi's vision, found in 1 Nephi 8. I love what he says about what it all means, and why it's important: 

"The tree of life is the central focus in Lehi’s dream. Everything points to the tree of life. The tree represents Christ, who is the clear manifestation of the love of God. The fruit is His infinite Atonement and is great evidence of God’s love. Eternal life with our loved ones is sweeter and more desirable than any other thing. To realize this gift, we must “come unto Christ, and be perfected in him.” He is “the way, the truth, and the life.” We can fill our lives with accomplishment and well-doing, but in the end, if we do not enter into sacred covenants to follow Christ and faithfully keep them, we will have utterly and completely missed the mark."

This is all real and it's true. 

I love y'all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Snyder

P.s. Here's a picture of my wonderful zone! 




Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment