Sunday, June 14, 2015

happy monday! (from June 1)

Y'ALL. Hello hello. What a great week we had. I'm thrilled to say that I bought and voice recorder and that my journaling(is that a word?) has increased by 100% during this last week. Haha. Shout out to my family and future children, you're welcome! We had lots of fun and met some good people! We have a new investigator who is a sweet woman, and hopefully we can meet with her kids and dad next time too! And we had dinner with some sweet nonmembers who just wanted to feed us. People here are SO KIND. I love it! Please keep praying for my sweet Texans and others affected by the weather here! 

I love the Savior and His gospel. I truly do. Every week I learn so much about Him, about Heavenly Father, and even about myself. I can honestly say that I am the happiest I've been in my life, and I love that it's true happiness brought about by learning and living the gospel. Yesterday I was studying helping people make and keep commitments, and Preach My Gospel lead me to Mosiah 2:41. I've read this scriptures many times, but I understand it in a different way now. "...consider on the blessed and happy state of those who keep the commandments of God". Sometimes people will ask us why we're so happy, and I know that it comes from living the commandments of God. It's easier said than done to live the commandments of God, but there is absolutely nothing that will bring us more joy than being obedient out of love. But the blessings continue on: "...and if they hold out faithful to the end, they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness." I cannot imagine anything greater than dwelling with God and my family eternally, and being in a state of never-ending happiness. How blessed we are to have commandments and promises from God that allow us to experience such peace and joy. And this is why it is so vital that those we teach make and keep commitments. They will be happy in a way they have never known. I love that. Keep pushing on. The reward is so worth it!

I love y'all! Have a good week!

Love,

Sister Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment