Monday, April 20, 2015

i never know what to write here.... - April 13

Hello everyone!!! What a beautiful, HUMID, and fun week we have had here in Garden Ridge! We got transfer calls last night. I've been here for 3 transfers, and Sister Reece for 2, so we were kind of feeling that I would go, and then whatever else would happen. So we were waiting and waiting for the call last night, and finally at 8:45 it came, and Sister Reece is leaving and I'm staying and training a new missionary! Wowie wow. So sad to see her go! But also I'm so excited to train again!! I love the new missionaries and training and I feel very blessed to be able to train a new sister. I can't wait to meet her on Thursday!! :)
So we had such a fun and good week! Can I just say again how incredible the members of the ward here are? I love these families so much, and they are so, so good to us!! One of the members, Sister Brinkerhoff, came out to teach with us basically every day and she has such a strong testimony and relates to people so well. So awesome to have her with us.
We had zone meeting this week, and one of the zone leaders gave an incredible training on humility. Definitely something I needed and we talked about how we are truly humble when the Lord's will becomes our will. That right there is humility. When we get to the depths of humility, and repent, show willingness to work and change, and become teachable, that's where the Lord steps in. We cannot and will not do it on our own. We drew a picture on the board of someone in a little pit, and there's a ladder with Christlike attributes on each step. But the ladder only goes up so far, and you can't quite make it to the top. Then the Lord, with all of the love in the world and with his grace, throws us a rope, and pulls us up. We need him to throw the rope, because there is no other way we can get to the top. Such a wonderful image. I've been studying humility for a few minutes every day, and it's made such a difference. Hymn 130, Be Thou Humble, is also full of wonderful promises. I would highly recommend reading it.
We had some good times biking around and suffocating in the humidity this week. Haha. Not really but it's getting pretty humid out there and it's scary. We feel like we're in a jungle.
On Saturday we were so blessed to meet a sweet woman named Palma. She's in her 60s and is so tiny and sweet and she let us right in. We(Sister Reece who was actually tall enough) helped her change a light bulb in her closet and she was thrilled. haha. and then we started teaching her the Restoration and she was so excited to hear that Christ's true church was back on the earth. It was so great! And such a good reminder of how simple the gospel is. It's the same church Christ established, the same priesthood authority, and the same loving sacrifice behind it. We' re so blessed that it was restored and that we are partakers of the living gospel that get to share it with others. I LOVE IT!
So this week will be so fun and sad and exciting and I can't wait to meet my new companion!!
I love you all so much!!!
Love,
Sister Snyder

No comments:

Post a Comment